Terms and Conditions
These terms and conditions govern your use of this website; by using this website, you accept these terms and conditions in full. If you disagree with these terms and conditions or any part of these terms and conditions, you must not use this website.
By using or accessing the Website, you represent and warrant that: (a) you are 18 years of age or older; (b) if you are under the age of majority in your jurisdiction, you have your parent’s or legal guardian’s authorization to use and access the Website and to agree to these Terms; (c) you own or have authorization to use a personal computer to access the Website; and (d) you will use the Website in accordance with these Terms.
You acknowledge that the Website is subject to outages, slowdowns, or other interruptions. You further acknowledge that we are not responsible for performance degradation, interruption, or delays arising from any source. Biofeedback Federation CIC will not be liable to you if the Website is unavailable at any given time. You agree that your sole remedy for any Website unavailability shall be to terminate your use of the Website.
This disclaimer of liability applies to any damages or injury, including but not limited to those caused by any failure of performance, error, omission, interruption, deletion, defect, delay in operation or transmission, computer virus, communication line failure, theft or destruction or unauthorized access to, alteration of, or use of record, whether for breach of contract tortuous behavior, negligence or under any other cause of action.;
License to Use Website
Unless otherwise stated, Biofeedback Federation CIC and/or its licensors own the intellectual property rights in the website and material on the website. Subject to the license below, all these intellectual property rights are reserved.
You may view, download for caching purposes only, and print pages or other content from the website ONLY for your own personal use, subject to the restrictions set out below and elsewhere in these terms and conditions.
You must not:
- republish material from this website (including republication on another website);
- sell, rent or sub-license material from the website;
- show any material from the website in public;
- reproduce, duplicate, copy or otherwise exploit material on this website for a commercial purpose;
- edit or otherwise modify any material on the website;
- redistribute material from this website (except for content specifically and expressly made available for redistribution).
You acknowledge that all materials on the Site, including the Site’s design, text, graphics, sounds, pictures, software and other files and the selection and arrangement thereof, (collectively, “Materials”), are our property and are subject to and protected by international copyright and other intellectual property laws and rights. The trademarks, service marks, trade names, and logos (collectively, “Marks”) contained on the Site, including without limitation
Continuing Education Online
When using our site to register for a Continuing Medical Education (CME) or a Continuing Education (CE) activity, we collect certain personally identifiable information such as names, e-mail addresses, and mailing addresses. We do not collect aggregated non-personally identifiable information about the activities undertaken by our users. The information that we do collect, however, may be used for various purposes:
- As an accredited entity, the Biofeedback Federation CIC is required periodically to submit data about CE participants and the CE activities we certify. These reports may include personally identifiable information about you and the credits issued to you (name, etc) for the purpose of maintaining records that you can request from the accredited provider for up to (3) years.
- The Biofeedback Federation CIC administrators will have access to files containing personally identifiable information, including evaluation forms. These files can be accessed in order to respond to your questions or comments. Our administrators may also use personally identifiable information, including registration information and evaluation data, in assessing educational needs.
We may contract with other companies and individuals to help us provide services: for example, we may host some of our websites on another company’s computers or hire technical consultants to assist with web-based tools. In order to perform their jobs, these companies and individuals have access to any of the personal information we maintain about our users. We require all such companies to comply with the terms of our privacy policies. We use our best efforts to negate the use of other companies in areas where personally identifiable information may be involved.
If we discover that a third party inadvertently accessed personal information about any of our customers, we will take immediate action to prevent further occurrences.
This website is provided “as is” without any representations or warranties, express or implied. Biofeedback Federation CIC makes no representations or warranties in relation to this website or the information and materials provided on this website.
Without prejudice to the generality of the foregoing paragraph, Biofeedback Federation CIC does not warrant that:
- this website will be constantly available, or available at all;
- the information on this website is complete, true, accurate or non-misleading;
- that any medical advice, video, notes or links are accurate.
Nothing on this website constitutes, or is meant to constitute, advice of any kind. If you require advice in relation to any (legal, financial or medical) matter you should consult an appropriate professional.
Limitations of Liability
The Biofeedback Federation CIC will not be liable to you (whether under the law of contact, the law of torts or otherwise) in relation to the contents of, or use of, or otherwise in connection with, this website:
- to the extent that the website is provided free-of-charge, for any direct loss;
- for any indirect, special or consequential loss;
- for any business losses, loss of revenue, income, profits or anticipated savings, loss of contracts or business relationships, loss of reputation or goodwill, or loss or corruption of information or data.
These limitations of liability apply even if the Biofeedback Federation CIC has been expressly advised of the potential loss.
Nothing in this website disclaimer will exclude or limit any warranty implied by law that it would be unlawful to exclude or limit; and nothing in this website disclaimer will exclude or limit Biofeedback Federation CIC liability in respect of any:
- death or personal injury caused by Biofeedback Federation CIC negligence;
- fraud or fraudulent misrepresentation on the part of Biofeedback Federation CIC
- matter which it would be illegal or unlawful for Biofeedback Federation CIC to exclude or limit, or to attempt or purport to exclude or limit, its liability.
You accept that, as a limited liability entity, Biofeedback Federation CIC has an interest in limiting the personal liability of its officers and employees. You agree that you will not bring any claim personally against Biofeedback Federation CIC officers or employees in respect of any losses you suffer in connection with the website.
Without prejudice to the foregoing paragraph, you agree that the limitations of warranties and liability set out in this website disclaimer will protect Biofeedback Federation CIC officers, employees, agents, subsidiaries, successors, assigns and sub-contractors as well as the Biofeedack Federation CIC.